Dressing for a Fall Family Session
What to Wear to a Fall Family Session
Fall is all about bundling up in lots of layers, enjoying the shift from hot to cool, and soaking up the sun and autumn foliage. Here are a few tips for choosing outfits for your fall family session:
- Choose colors that won’t clash too much with the fall leaves. Instead, stick with a neutral palette with colors that blend seamlessly into autumn’s spectrum: earthy reds, burnt oranges, creamy nude, plum, mustard yellow etc.
- Layer up! Don’t hesitate to throw on those scarves, cardigans, vests, blazers or hats.
- Wear shoes that fit the season. Think riding boots or comfy, fur-lined boots. Loafers and flats can also work perfectly.
- Depending on the location, don’t be afraid to add pops of color that are inline with a fall palette. Think of mustard yellow or a pop of deep plum, or even dark forest green.
- I always encourage people to not feel like they have to buy an entire new wardrobe for a family session (unless you want to). You probably have a killer outfit that you don’t even know you have it just takes new eyes to pull it altogether!